JPF API WEBSITE TERMS & ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Please read these terms and conditions before using this website.
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Information about API
The Site is operated by API Group plc (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 00169249) and our registered office is at Second Avenue, Poynton Industrial Estate, Poynton, Cheshire, SK12 1ND. Our VAT number is GB 243 2900 86.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to the Site
We may update the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time.
However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing the Site
The Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright and trade mark laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are expressly reserved.
Our use of images on the Site may feature third party intellectual property rights. Such use is incidental and does not mean that there is:
- any connection between us and such third party; or
- that our products and/or services are purchased or endorsed by such third party; or
- that we endorse the products and/or services of such third party.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a written licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user of the Site for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
We will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage; or
- any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products by us for use by you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of sale of goods and services.
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to the Site
You may link to our home page with our prior written consent.
If you wish to make any use of content on the Site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Third party links
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Website Acceptable Use Policy
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Changes to this acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
To contact us regarding the Site, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting the Site.