Transparent holographic lamination film
API transparent holographic lamination film (often called High Refractive Index or HRI) provides a subtle but elegant look to paper and board packaging.
The material provides the light-diffracting movement of holographics but without the metallic background. Depending on the design brief, HRI films can be effective over a plain background or over printed graphics.
As with standard holographic lamination film, films are available in a range of standard patterns or special patterns can be originated or developed to meet specific customer requirements.
API holographic lamination films are suitable for processing on all major types of lamination machinery, using wet applied and extruded adhesive on both sheet-fed and reel-fed equipment. They are print-compatible with offset, flexo, gravure, letterpress or screen technologies (under or over) and can be embossed and foil blocked.
Shim line free options are available in certain patterns. Alternatively, API can provide specialist advice on accommodating shim lines within the print /conversion process to mask or completely eliminate their appearance on the final pack design.
Find out more about our products and capabilities:
- Transmet laminate for cartons, soft cup labels and inner frame board
- Patterns – standard, back-catalogue, new origination or Holonique
- Base film – 12 micron PET as standard, higher gauges and OPP on request
- Finished sizes – widths upto 1.2m (0.8 on shim-line free options)
- Shim lines – shim-free available on rainbow and pillars of light patterns (