Transmet Paper is API’s transfer metallized paper, film and non-woven substrate. It provides an all-over, print-receptive coating in a bright metallic finish to the base material for labels, publishing and promotions.
Transmet paper was first produced under the trade name Valvac ® in the 1980’s by API NL. It provides an all over, print receptive coating in a bright metallic finish to the base materials for labels, publishing, tube wrap, gift wrap etc. The Transmet process can also be applied to Non-Woven substrates
This sophisticated process ensures that no PET film is left behind on the packaging, only a thin metallic layer, less than 0.1 micron thick, and a water-based or solvent-based adhesive remain.
Find out more about our products and capabilities:
- Transmet laminate for cartons, soft cup labels and inner frame board
- Finish – plain bright mirror-like metallic, silver gold or holographic
- Printability – print-receptive release lacquer or API’s proprietary NC lacquer
- Base material – 30 to 700gsm and a wide range of filmic products
- Finished sizes – reels or sheets